- New swimmers to the team who are 8 and under must pass a safety screening before they can join the team. To pass the safety screening, swimmers must swim one length of the pool unassisted. Swimmers may roll on their back if they need to rest, but they may not touch the lane line or the side of the pool. Swimmers may swim any stroke – as long as they can make it across the pool without any help. Our coaches are very encouraging during the safety screening. You will be contacted if your child needs a safety screening.
- The Highcroft Hurricanes don’t have a practice requirement. To improve, we encourage swimmers to make as many practices as they can – you will have more time to practice your strokes! Swim team will be more fun the more you participate. If you can’t make it to practice, that is ok too!
- There is always a chance of a storm. Make sure an adult is close by in case we need to cancel practice.
- Please don’t talk with the coaches during practice. Our coaches are available by e-mail or set up a time talk before or after practice. Coaches need to focus on the swimmers in the water.
- Our practices are very short. Please don’t talk to your children during practice unless really necessary.
- Swimmers should never hang on or jump on the lane lines.
- We swim in the rain. If it is thundering or lightening, practice will be cancelled or delayed.
- We are open to suggestions! If you have any issues, feel free to speak to any of our coaches or anyone on the board.
Simple formatted text