Splash and Dash
Sign up now for the Highcroft Splash and Dash! Open to all Highcroft residents (age 18 or younger). Register by June 9th for all 10 and under to be guaranteed a finisher medal!
Splash and Dash Details
2021 Highcroft Swim Team is ready to go!
1. Sign-up each of your swimmers for the Practice Meet, this Tuesday, June 8th
Coaches need to know if your child is available to swim at the meet on Tuesday, so they can plan the lineup.
You need to respond back by SUNDAY, June 6th at 10am.
- Go to https://www.highcrofthurricanes.com/swim_meets (Meets & Events/2021 Calendar)
- Log into your account on the Highcroft Hurricanes website
- Scroll down the calendar of events to the June 8th Practice Meet
- Click on the "Meet Entry Open" button
- Click the "Edit" button under the list of your swimmers
- Select "Attending this Meet" from the drop-down (if your child is NOT attending please select the correct option) - do this for each swimmer!
- Click the "Save" blue button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes
- You will see "Approved" next to the swimmers, and then you are done!
(NOTE: You will now get a request to sign up for each meet the week prior and always need to respond by SUNDAY at 5pm - so get ready for my weekly email asking you to sign up :))
2. Practice Meet and Team Photo Details, Tuesday, June 8th
Team Photo 4:15pm
Meet Start 5:30 pm
Here is the schedule for Tuesday:
- 4:00 – begin arrival
- 4:15 – Swim Team Picture at the pool! - wear your team bathing suit; Coaches wear your team shirt. PLEASE DO NOT let kids in the water before the picture
- 5:00-5:25 - Highcroft warmups
- 5:30 – Meet starts
- The meet will run through all events unless it gets late or dark at which point we will end after butterfly.
- We will have concessions – bring money and come hungry. We will have chick-fil- drinks (Gatorade, water, soda), snacks, candy, and much more.
For our new families and a reminder to our other families, please refer to www.highcrofthurricanes.com/swim-meet-101 for swim meet details, what to bring, etc.
All swimmers must have their swimmer ID number written their arms for the meet. This number helps us identify swimmers to allow the meet to run smoothly. Write your child's swim ID number on their arms at home with a Sharpie marker before coming to the pool and before applying sunscreen. Swimmer numbers can be found here: https://www.highcrofthurricanes.com/swimmer-number...
Virtual Meet vs Dutchman Downs (considered AWAY team)
Splash & Dash (pending HOA approval)
Virtual Meet vs Clubworx (considered HOME team)
Wacky Tacky Practice
Middle School/High School Bowling Night
10. We have cool ORANGE and BLUE swimsuits and team t-shirts.
9. It's a fun way to get great exercise.
8. Cool ribbons and prizes!
7. We love to cheer on our team and win spirit awards. Lots of team spirit!
6. Fun social events throughout the season.
5. Lots of time to spend with neighborhood friends -- and a chance to make new ones!
4. The pool cools you off in the hot NC summer.
3. Our concessions are yummy! (Lots of candy!!)
2. We have awesome coaches!
1. IT IS SO MUCH FUN!